Will you be joining us from overseas?
Calling all international attendees! Please join us for a memorable experience. We have some special optional activities planned to warmly welcome you to Aotearoa New Zealand and offer an insider’s look at our thriving life sciences industry in Wellington.
These activities are free, but there is limited availability, so please make sure you express your interest when you register.
Local delegates are also welcome to register to attend these activities.
Welcome to Wellington – Touchdown Event
A special welcome for international attendees arriving in Wellington for the Life Sciences Summit 2024.
Join BioTechNZ and Creative HQ at this touchdown event where you’ll meet other international attendees over drinks and nibbles, learn about the Wellington life-sciences ecosystem, and connect with local high-growth companies and research organisations.
- Date: Sunday 10 March
- Time: 5.00pm -7.00pm
- Venue: CreativeHQ, 7 Dixon Street, Wellington
Please join us for a guided tour of Callaghan Innovation Gracefield Innovation Quarter (GIQ) and the Malaghan Institute of Medical Research.
- Date: Wednesday 13 March
- Time: 9.30am – 3.00pm
- 9.30am Meet in central location and travel to Callaghan Innovation GIQ
- 10:00am Morning tea
- 10.30am Tour of Callaghan Innovation GIQ. This may include Process Engineering, Fermentation, Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) Room and opportunity to meet resident businesses
- 12.00pm Lunch
- 1.00pm Bus to Malaghan Institute
- 1.30pm Tour of Malaghan Institute of Medical Research
- 2.30pm Return to city
Special thanks to Callaghan Innovation for hosting this event. This draft itinerary is subject to change. If you’re New Zealand based and interested in attending, please register your interest and we’ll let you know if we can accommodate you.
About Gracefield Innovation Quarter (GIQ)
- Part of Callaghan Innovation, Gracefield Innovation Quarter is home to more than 200 leading scientists, researchers and technicians in New Zealand.
- It offers advanced workshops, labs, equipment and measurement facilities.
- GIQ supports commercialisation by providing access to scientific and technical expertise. Learn more about the Gracefield Innovation Quarter here.
About the Malaghan Institute
- The Malaghan Institute is a world-class independent biomedical research charity specialising in immunology and immunotherapy.
- Researchers and clinicians collaborate to make discoveries in the lab, translate them into treatments and conduct clinical trials.
- More than 140 researchers and support staff contribute to advancing the use of the immune system in fighting disease. Learn more about the Malaghan Institute.